How to customize the URL of your LinkedIn profile
Before customizing the URL of your LinkedIn profile, it’s best to ensure that all vital information is posted since it serves as your online resume. Think of the name that you wish to use in your URL. It must be composed of 3 to 30 numbers or letters. Special characters and spaces are not accepted.
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Hover your mouse on “Profile”, which can be found on the top part of the screen, then click “edit profile”. (See Image Below)
- Look below your photo and you’ll see your profile’s URL. Click the “edit” link next to it. (See Image Above)
- Under “Your public profile URL” on the lower right side of the window, click the “customize your public profile URL” link. (See Image Below)
- Enter your preferred URL name in the field. (See Image Below)
- Click “Set Custom URL”.
That’s how you customize your LinkedIn URL. For instance, if you entered “ChaNarula”, your URL will be “http://www.linkedin.com/in/ChaNarula“. LinkedIn URL can only be customized up to three times within six months. If you’ve changed it three times in less than six months, you must wait for the said period to pass before you can change your URL again.